- 1 green pepper
- 4 ripe tomatoes, with the skins and seeds removed
- A good pinch of cumin
- A small handful of coriander. roughly chopped
- A small handful of parsley, roughly chopped
- A small handful of mint, roughly chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed to a paste with a little salt
- Olive oil
- 6 large scallops
- Sea salt and black pepper
- lemon juice, to serve
Put the pepper in a hot oven for 10-15 minutes until blackened. Remove and place in a plastic bag and seal it. Leave the pepper until it collapses and is soft and cooked through. Remove the skin and seeds and roughly chop the flesh.
Chop the tomato flesh in pieces the same size as the pepper and mix with the cumin, coriander, parsley, garlic, a little salt and a tablespoon or two of olive oil. Leave to one side to allow the flavours to develop for about 30 minutes.
Brush the scallops with oil and season with salt and black pepper. Heat a ribbed grill pan until very hot and cook the scallops for about 2-3 minutes on either side until golden and caramelised.
To serve, place a spoonful of the salad in the middle of each plate, place the scallops around and drizzle over some good olive oil, if needed, and a few drops of lemon juice.