- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 200ml tomato passata
- 1 fresh tomato, roughly chopped
- 1 mild fresh red chilli, finely chopped
- Vegetable oil
- 4 x 165g MSC Norwegian cod
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 200g ready-prepared potato gnocchi
- A handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- Lemon juice
First make the tomato sauce. Gently fry the onions and garlic in a few tablespoons of olive oil for about 20 minutes until lightly golden and melted. Add the red wine and allow to boil until almost nothing is left, then do the same with the balsamic vinegar. Add the passata, tomato and chilli, then add a little water and continue to cook until the tomato is melted and you have a rich sauce.
Heat some vegetable oil in a frying pan suitable for the oven. Sprinkle the cod with sea salt and fry until golden on the flesh side. Then place the whole pan in the roasting oven for 4-5 minutes to finish the cooking.
Cook the gnocchi in plenty of boiling salted water until they float to the surface. Drain them, then sit them into the sauce. Add some chopped parsley and some lemon juice. Remove the cod from the oven.
Place a few tablespoons of the gnocchi and sauce in each bowl. Peel the skin off the cod, then sit it on top and sprinkle over some sea salt and some lemon juice.